We are making adjustments for Leaders and Assists to provide more fun and balanced gameplay experience. The main focus of this patch is centered on Leaders that can be used more effectively, now with new stats, against characters with too much damage. Changes in EP costs, attack speed, and damage will help provide a more balanced and exciting experience in Power Rangers: Legacy Wars.
Venjix received a small damage buff to Virus Transfer in order to compensate for its short range. Now the virus is effective from the first hit.
- Virus Transfer: Increased Damage by 10%
- Virus Transfer: Added Virus on first hit
Hit reactions for Fiber Optic and Electric Overload changed to improve combo-confirm opportunities
- Fiber Optic: Changed hit reaction from “Launch” to “Sweep”
- Electric Overload: Changed last hit reaction from “Knockdown” to “Launch”
Stack System no longer resets when Skull is hit, giving players more opportunities to confirm the damage once the stacks are full.
- Stack System doesn’t reset when Skull is hit
Robo Knight (Leader)
Hit reaction changes for Blazterize in order to improve the move’s reliability as a combo starter.
- Blazterize: Changed first hit reaction from “Stagger” to “Interrupt”
Xander Bly (Leader)
Several of Xander’s attacks received minor speed buffs in order to secure him more combo-confirm options, keeping a balance between his damage and speed.
- Kick and Punch: Slight increase in attack speed
- Mystic Force Fighter: Slight increase in attack speed, and the move can be canceled by a dash sooner
- Mystic Muscles: Slight increase in attack speed
Wesley Collins (Leader)
Wes received buffs in his speed and dash cancels for some of his hits, improving his overall performance in combat
- Chrono Saber Fury: Added dash cancel from the start of the attack to the end of the first hit
- Time Strike: Increased attack speed slightly
The hit reaction for Saber Slash has changed so Andros will now be able to start combos a lot easier, and juggle enemies with a Breaker.
- Saber Slash: Changed last hit reaction from “Knockdown” to “Sweep”
Dragon Armor Trini (Leader)
Trini will no longer be able to continuously connect low-cost attacks, and her damage has been balanced with other Leaders.
- Hack and Slash : Changed cost from 3 to 4
- Mega Launch: Changed cost from 3 to 4
- Jet Rush: Reduced damage by 25%
- Havoc Laser: Reduced activation for super attack from 50% or less of HP to 30% or less of HP
Psycho Pink (Leader)
Players are now able to dodge Psycho Pink’s primary combo projectile. It also takes longer to enter into her super mode.
- Evil Strikes: The last hit is now dodgeable
- Rage Detonation: Changed last hit reaction from “Launch” to “Knockdown”
- Savage Mode: Reduced activation for super mode from 60% or less to 30% or less
Tommy White Ninja (Leader)
Tommy received hit reaction changes in order to limit his long EP regeneration combos.
- Ninja Strike: Changed last hit reaction from “Stun” to “Knockback”
- Ninja Strike (Super Mode): Changed last hit reaction from “Stun” to “Knockback”
- Dashing Impact: Changed cost from 3 to 4
- Meditation: Reduced time of duration, and reduced damage by 20%
- Shinobi Jutsu: Reduced the recharge to do one super per combat
Sky Tate Blue SPD (Leader)
Sky Tate’s EP regeneration combos have been limited, maintaining his ability to combo confirm short and long combos.
- Kick And Shot: Reduce distance, reduced attack speed slightly, and reduced damage by 25%
- Delta combo: Changed second hit reaction from “Stun” to “Interrupt”
- Deltamax: Changed last hit reaction from “Launch” to “Sweep,” reduced startup attack slightly, and reduced damage by 20%
Sentinel Knight (Leader)
Sentinel Knight’s opening strike received a speed nerf, but he is still able to perform Juggle combos.
- Sentinel Strikes: Changed 3rd ground hit reaction from “Stagger” to “Interrupt”
- Sentinel Sword: Reduced Startup attack speed
- Energy Kicks: Changed last hit reaction from “Launch” to “Knockdown”
Blaze’s Special Attack now starts with a “hold” that allows the opponent time to react. His EP Regeneration has been limited by modifying hit reaction and costs.
- Violent Cuts: Changed second ground hit reaction from “Sweep” to “Interrupt”
- Corrupted Strikes: Changed cost from 3 to 4
- Avatar Curse: Changed second hit reaction from “Stun” to “Stagger”
- Necessary Evil: Reduced startup attack speed, and changed last hit reaction from “Launch” to “Sweep”
Izzy Garcia (Leader)
Izzy’s general change was to balance her to fit in with the other Epic characters. Her Super Move’s cost has increased. Even though her combo flow remains the same, players will need to consider using it more strategically during battle.
- Spear Combo: Reduced startup attack speed; reduced damage by 25%
- Chromafury Strikes: Changed last air hit reaction from “Stun” to “Knockdown”
- Athletics Assault: Changed last hit reaction from “Launch” to “Sweep”
- Tiger Fury Strikes: Reduces activation for super attack from 5 ability uses to 9 ability uses
Scorpina’s Specials have been balanced to fit amongst other Epic Leaders. Her EP Regeneration combos have been limited.
- Crescent Blade: Removed Dash Cancel after Spawn Projectile
- Scorpina’s Rage: Changed last hit reaction from “Launch” to “Sweep,” and removed D.O.T in the second hit
- Ruthless Slashes: Increased cost from 3 to 4
- Reduced Poison damage
Lord Drakkon (Assist)
Lord Drakkon received an energy cost reduction and damage buff to his attacks in order to improve his Combo starting and closing capabilities.
- Cross Slash: Increased damage by 20%
- Mean Streak: Reduced cost from 5 to 4, and increased damage by 20%
Jason Lee Scott Dragon Shield (Assist)
Jason received a damage buff in order to make him more competent along with other similar assist types.
- Cross Slash: Increased damage by 20%
Robert “R.J.” James (Assist)
R.J received a buff to his Enter and attack speed in order to keep him viable along with other assists.
- Flying Pounce: Reduced time to assist Enters, now appears sooner, and increased attack speed slightly
Enter speed increased to make it more likely to connect if the player is in the middle of a combo.
- Shield of Darkness: Reduced time to assist enters, now appears sooner
Ryan Mitchell (Assist)
Damage adjusted according to other Epic assists of its type.
- Titanium Torrent: Increased damage by 25%
Wesley Collins (Assist)
Enter time reduced to allow more combo opportunities with more damage if connected.
- Time’s Up: Reduced time to the assist enters, now appears sooner, and increased damage by 50%
Enter time reduced and attack speed increased to compensate for its overall slow movement.
- Malicious Escape: Reduced time to the assist enters, now appears sooner, and increased attack speed slightly
Balanced to better fit among other Assists.
- Venomous Hand:
- Added more time to assist enter (doesn’t appear instantly)
- Increased cost from 3 to 4
- Removed D.O.T. in the first projectile
- Reduced dodgeable frames from 5 to 2
- Reduced Poison damage and time
Damage reduced according to its EP cost and other Assists of her type.
- Feel My Pain: Reduced damage by 20%
Taylor Earhardt (Assist)
EP cost increased to limit its use as a launcher and increased the damage to compensate.
- Swooping Dagger: Increased cost from 5 to 6, and increased damage by 40%
Conner McKnight (Assist)
Conner will still be effective to open or close combos, but having its cost increased balances him in comparison to other Epic Assists.
- Tyrano Onslaught: Increased cost from 3 to 5