The Juice Bar isn’t the only thing getting a new look for the Halloween season! This release includes the following updates:
- Players can now use Grid Tokens to purchase the new Limited Edition Grid Shards introduced in the Challenge store. Collect these special shards and unlock a special Grid Effect for your character.
- Exchange Grid Shards with other players through the new Marketplace.
- Challenges have been updated so that Grid Tokens no longer expire. Also, Challenge store rewards now cycle on a weekly basis.
Grid Shards are limited-edition, individually numbered shards that unlock the stunning new Grid Effect on characters. In addition, unlike regular shards – Grid Shards are tradeable in the Marketplace. Furthermore, only a small number of these special shards will ever be minted for each character (there won’t be more made after the batch is created), so act fast to get them!
Obtain the new Grid Shards in two ways. The first is to earn them by participating in Challenges to earn Grid Tokens, the currency to purchase Grid Shards in the Challenge store.
The second way to get Grid Shards is through the new Marketplace, where players can exchange Grid Tokens for Grid Shards. Players call the shots in the new Marketplace, and can either offload their Grid Shards for the same number of Grid Tokens used to purchase from the Challenge store or list at a higher price to make a profit. Meaning, it’s up to the players to decide what the price is when they post their sales on the marketplace. Additionally, players can list their shards for free this Challenge Season to celebrate the Marketplace introduction.
Grid shards can be listed in the Marketplace even after it has been used to unlock or upgrade the corresponding character. This ability to be “unequipped” makes Grid shards more valuable and special compared to ordinary shards*. Players are able to invest in purchasing Grid shards to upgrade one particular character to win in battles before deciding to unload in the Marketplace and focus on another character. The reduction in friction in switching your main go to character will allow players to enjoy a more diverse set of characters in battle.
*Character may level down if unequipping a Grid Shard for listing in the marketplace results in no longer having enough shards for the current level.
Lastly, use Grid Shards for leveling up!
Each Grid Shard counts as 10 regular shards toward upgrading characters when equipped. So if you need 10 normal shards to unlock a character, you can also unlock the character with just one Grid Shard. Players can also mix and match such as if a character needs 100 shards to level up. you can do that with 10 grid shards or 50 normal shards plus 5 grid shards.
In addition, unlike regular shards – Grid Shards are tradeable in the Marketplace. Furthermore, only a small number of these special shards will ever be minted for each character (there won’t be more made after the batch is created), so act fast to get them!
1. Purchase Grid Shards in the Challenge Store or the Marketplace with Grid Tokens (Grid Tokens no longer expire)
2. One Grid Shard is equal to 10 ordinary shards.
3. Grid Shards can be listed on the marketplace while ordinary shards cannot. Players call the shots on the listing price of their Grid shards
4. Grid Shards give your character enhanced look / visual effect on your character in battle that you cannot get from ordinary shards.
5. Grid Shards can be unequipped from the character even after they have been used to upgrade the character, and listed in the marketplace. Your character may level down after the shards have been unequipped from the character.
Now it’s time to show off your new looks, Rangers!